Dietitian In Rajouri Garden | Dietician In Rajouri Garden
Good health is not only about being well, it is about being happy and feeling healthy from physical mental and spiritual point of view. Being healthy is not anymore just about taking medicines when unwell, it means taking care of ourselves to prevent any illness and to change our attitude when we need to heal or get better. Healthy eating builds a healthy body and is important for maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating well does not mean giving up the foods you love, it means choosing food wisely.
1. Base your meals on healthy cereals – Cereal Should make up about a third of the food we eat. They are not only good source of energy but also calcium, iron and vitamin B. Include jowar, bajra, ragi etc in your diet
2. Eat lot of fruits and veggies in your diet – they are good source of anti oxidants. The more colourful the fruits the more nutrient dense they are. Try to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies in your daily diet.
3. Regular meal intake and disciplined meal timings – Don’t skip meals. For healthy eating have three meals and at least two nutritional snacks if you are hungry in between meals. Choose fruits, nuts, low fat yoghurt etc as in between snacking options. Take 5-6 small meals in a day instead of three big meals. This will keep you away from snacking on unhealthy fried and fast foods. It will bring down your overall food intake too thus helping to maintain the right weight.
4. Try to eat less salt – Lots of people think that they do not eat much salt especially if they don’t add salt in their food. 75% of the salt we eat comes from breads, biscuits, namkeen, ready to eat cereals etc. high salt intake can raise blood pressure.
5. Drink Plenty of water – Drinking at least 2 L of water / fluids prevents dehydration. Avoid drinking fizzy drinks as these contain high sugar and dehydrate our bodies too.
6. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar – To stay healthy we do need fats in our diet but the quantity and quality of fat matters. Cut down on intake of saturated fats like butter, cream, processed cheese etc. Cut down foods containing these products e.g. baked products. Avoid foods containing excess sugar like cakes, sweets, biscuits, ice creams etc.
7. Don’t skip breakfast – Start your day with a good breakfast. Eating breakfast everyday will help you have energy as well as steady sugar levels.
8. Get active - Exercise is one of the cornerstones of a healthy living. Exercise at least 45 – 60 minutes on a daily basis. Exercise has health benefits way beyond imagination. It helps to maintain weight, control blood sugar, cholesterol.
EATING A HEALTY DIET DOES NOT ONLY MEET YOUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS BUT ALSO GOES ALONG WAY IN PREVENTING AND TREATING LIFESTYLE DISORDERS.
MAKE HEALTHY LIVING A LIFESTYLE; NOT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO DO, BUT SOMETHING YOU JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
UR FITNESS P@L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Article Topic: 8 STEPS TOWARDS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Article Comiled By:
Dr. Divya Choudhary
Ph.D. in Nutrition
Dietitian In Rajouri Garden.
Nutritionist In Rajouri Garden